To exit the Xiaomi Black Shark 4 Pro download mode screen, you can restart your device by using the Volume Down key or Soft Reset method. You can install the Xiaomi Black Shark 4 Pro ADB Driver by downloading and extracting the driver on the Computer. Modern devices can typically endure for more than 20 hours under normal use, although some may only last for 16 to 18 hours. Therefore, if you want a device with a good battery life, you should pay attention to the battery segmentation on the device.
- When not in use, the triggers disappear seamlessly back into the edge of the Black Shark 4.
- Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 SoC and an Adreno 730 GPU mated to 128 or 256 GB of UFS 3.1 storage and 8, 12 or 16 GB of LPDDR5 RAM.
- Xiaomi tried to sweeten the pot by throwing in the fancy-schmancy 120W HyperCharge support.
There’s last year’s Snapdragon 888 chipset, 8GB/12GB of LPDDR5 RAM that clocks at 6400MHz, and 128GB/256GB of UFS 3.1 storage. Connectivity features include Wi-Fi 6E, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, and dual 5G SIM support. Xiaomi’s latest ‘Sandwich’ liquid cooling system keeps the entire rig cool to prevent performance dips due to overheating. An hour of video streaming only knocked the battery level down a handful of percentage points. Software-wise, the Black Shark 4 Pro has something Xiaomi calls JoyUI, which is based on its main MIUI software, which in turn is based on Android 11. It’s not a bad operating system in general, but we did tend to miss the simplicity and elegance of the standard, stock version of Android.
- Thus, the review sample is superior firmware files to its predecessor Black Shark 3 by about 10% in some areas in terms of performance.
- She spends her time guzzling coffee, writing, casual gaming, and cuddling with her furry best friends.
- Images are sharp for outdoor scenes, though the shadows look darker than expected.
Heating beyond the safe temperatures can kill the processor, and the battery can explode. A quite strong OLED flickering is visible at brightness levels below 100%, but this is also common for this screen type. Before buying, you should try out whether you feel disturbed by it at low brightness. Black Shark Technology CEO Luo Yuzhou confirmed on Weibo that all units of Black Shark 3S are sold out, so Black Shark 4 will be on the market soon. The smartphone has already appeared in TENAA, so we know the main specifications.
With some careful management, we think two days of use is perfectly possible with this phone, though it depends on what you’re doing. Pushing the phone with demanding games knocks the battery level down by about 20 percent per hour, though for less intensive tasks it’s much less than that, and most people probably won’t be gaming all day.
Both phones come with some industry-first specifications for Android devices, such as an SSD for storage. Unlike other gaming smartphones released this year the Black Shark 4 and Black Shark 4 Pro run different chipsets. Turning to the cameras, Xiaomi includes a triple camera array with a 48MP primary lens, along with an 8MP ultrawide camera and a 5MP macro sensor. And this is another area where we came away impressed, for the most part at least.